Yield Approx 60
INGREDIENTS FOR PATE DE FRUIT
530g Strawberry puree
50g (1) Caster sugar
400g (2) Caster sugar
8g Citric acid solution in1:1 water powder ratio
INGREDIENTS FOR THE GANACHE
100g Honey (boiled to 120°C)
45g. Bottled water
3 Vanilla pods
290g Whipping Cream
435g Grenada Dark Callebaut couverture callets
435g Java Callebaut Milk couverture coins
150g Butter, softened
INGREDIENTS FOR THE COATING
800g Cacao Barry Excellence 55% coins, tempered
1 sheet Gold leaf
1. To make the pate de fruit, bring the puree to a boil in a saucepan, then add the pectin and 50g of sugar (1). Once the mixture is boiling, gradually add remaining 400g sugar (2).
2. Then boil the strawberry mixture to 107°C.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the citric acid solution and stir vigorously. Pour the mixture into a cling-film lined frame 5mm thick and leave it to cool completely.
4. To make the ganache, bring the honey to 120°C, add the bottled water to deglaze.
5. Adding the vanilla pods and whipping cream to the pan, then return to the heat and bring to the boil.
6. Mix together the Grenada dark and Java milk couvertures, then pour over in stages the cream. Leave mixture to cool
7. Add softened butter and emulsify. Whip mixture slightly to give it body, then pour it over strawberry pate de fruit and leave it to set.
8. Cut into shapes and then coat in tempered Excellence 55% couverture.
9. Place a piece of gold leaf on the top of each bon bon.
Javier Mercado UK
'Strawberry fields forever' - UK
Made at the National Selection for the World Chocolate Masters in Uk, September 2006.
Winner of the Finest Taste Award .